There is nothing that good sleep cannot fix- jetlag, exhaustion, flu or even heartbreaks! A good night's sleep will rejuvenate you like nothing else, and that is why getting blissful sleep is important. A good sleep cycle is very important for your health – from restoring your muscles to healing injuries- a good night's rest revives your body. We have all had days when we have felt groggy with a lack of proper sleep – it directly affects our productivity and outperformance, and no one wants that. But at an age when we work with deadlines and work hours extend well beyond the 9-4 – we should make the most of the only time our bodies get to rest – therefore, good sleep is an absolute must to take on the day.
Here are six must-have accessories for a Blissful sleep:
- A good mattress: Remember the story about the princess who could not sleep well because of a small pea under her mattress? Yes! she wasn't exaggerating at all. A good mattress will automatically enhance the quality of your sleep, while a bad quality mattress will leave your body sore and may also give you back trouble in the long run. A good mattress is an investment for your sleep that you cannot overlook. Try it once to see the difference for yourself.
- Curtains: Curtains can instantly elevate the look of your room in the day and keep out the light during the night to give you a good nights’ sleep. We only see them as essential pieces, but they are multi-functional – they can be room décor as well as help you keep the lights out at night.
- Bedsheets: We spend the most time in a day and the entire night on our beds, so it is a must for that space to look and feel beautiful and comfortable. A good bedsheet will brighten up your bed- whether you like soft florals or solid pastels- seeing your bed covered in a good bedsheet will put you in a happy mood. And sleeping on a clean, soft bedsheet after a warm shower- now that is a recipe for the most blissful sleep!
- Comforter: Another important accessory for good sleep is a good quality comforter that will just envelope you in your sleep. A comforter should feel like a warm hug and not a heavyweight that will just bury you in discomfort.
- Mattress protector: A mattress protector to protect your mattress from spills and stains so that you sleep peacefully, knowing that nothing can ruin your mattress!
- Pillows: Pillows are the essential accessories to good sleep- whether you want memory foam or soft cotton pillows- you want them to be fluffy and soft that it feels like sinking into the clouds when you hit the snooze button. It is important to have a good pillow since your sleep health and posture is important too. A lumpy pillow will more likely give you a bad back and a stiff neck even after an hour of sleep.