Curtains are an important element when designing your home. They also help in maintaining your privacy and keeping your rooms airy and bright. But choosing the right curtains for all your rooms are a bit tricky. There are many factors like fabric, colour and texture of the curtains that need to be taken into consideration when buying curtains. It must also match the decor, colour palette and theme of your home. There are many different types of curtains available in the market today like long door curtains, blackout curtains, and window curtains. You can also choose from a wide range of cotton curtains online at Story@home. It has now become one of the leading décor brands and has been successful in creating, building and sharing stories. The Story@Home offers a wide range of furnishing products to decorate every corner of your home.
If you are looking to buy curtains online, then you must keep the following tips in your mind:
Curtains have many purposes like maintaining privacy, insulation, decorative purposes, making room cooler, ventilation and more. Therefore, before purchasing any curtains online, you must first determine their purpose. You must make a list of the fabric, style and purpose of the curtain you wish to buy.
- If you want decorative curtains, then you must opt for sheer curtains. They allow more light to enter the rooms and give visual lightness. This makes your room feel refreshing and bright.
- Sheer curtains are also good for proper ventilation. These curtains create a breezy and cheerful environment and also help in avoiding wall damping.
- You must opt for heavy fabric curtains for your bedroom as it gives you privacy. You can also layer a solid colour curtain on your sheer curtains if you want to use them.
- Thermal curtains are the best option for the winter season as it does not allow the outside chilling breeze to enter the room. The heat inside the room stays intact because of the thermal curtains. These curtains have great insulation properties. In summer, the cool breeze from the AC cannot leave the room because of these curtains. Therefore, your room stays nice and cool in summer. With the help of thermal curtains, you can save quite a lot of energy and hence reduce your electricity bills.
- Take Correct Measurements:
You must make sure to measure the height of the floor from the curtain rod before hanging them. Also, measure accurately the rings height and the hanging hardware or how much gap do you need between the curtains and the floor.
- Incorporate Them In Your Room:
Not all homes can carry off the same curtains in every room. Therefore, you must make sure to select curtains that naturally blend with your room. Choose the type of curtain as per the style, aura and theme of your room. Getting the perfect curtains will elevate the overall look of your space.
- Choose Right Colours:
You must consider the theme and look of your room before picking any curtain. The colour depends on how you want your room to look. The safest colour to choose is the wall colours. You can use the same colour, lighter or darker of that shade and you will be good to go. You are free to use other colours too if you wish to have a vibrant theme in your room. For a monolithic look, you opt for neutral tones.
- Choose The Right Patterns:
Curtains of different patterns and styles add a hint of romance and elegance to your room. So, make sure to choose a pattern that blends well with the surrounding look of your space. If you have patterned furniture and bedding then choose solid colour curtains. For solid colour furniture and bedding, you must choose patterned and printed curtains.
You can also experiment with different materials, patterns, colours and sizes of curtains. All that matter is your vision of your home and how you want to create it.
Get latest update on how to decorate your room with home furnishing products, Visit Story@Home Blog.